Added some last-minute vintage-style honeycomb decorations, full-base Beasties, to the Bindlegoods shoppe (which closes for the holiday this Friday night October 23rd). Below are photos of this just-added variation, smaller-run of twenty sets. Note also that a couple of last year'sSpooklights shades (mostly sold out as of this writing) will likely be the last with that particular imagery. Happy Hallowe'en!
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Sunday, September 27, 2015
The assembly - a gathering of like minds under the harvest blood moon...
Another reason why I enjoy making Bindlegrim's Bindlegoods... Sometimes I imagine this must be what the shelves of the old, early-century warehouses must have looked like as they prepared paper goods (in rows upon rows) to ship out for the season...
Friday, September 25, 2015
Getting ready here at Bindlegrim's studio for Halloween Trunk Show 10 in Denver!
Although Bindlegrim's art/design objects utilize many processes reminiscent of larger scale production (printing, die-cutting, etc)... there is still the manual assembly (and signing) of these limited-edition Beastie (final product shown here). Somehow after all the time spent creating the art... I conveniently forget about the impending assembly. None of this is made in China. This is, as mentioned perhaps previously, a one-spook operation. Many hours yet to go!
Here are some quick photos of the process of multiples...
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Can you name at least 13 book titles (and their respective authors) off this shelf?
If so, you might want to visit the Bindlegrim facebook page --- find where this photo is posted and comment your guesses... (Update - this picture puzzle was solved on the Bindlegrim facebook page... and the key has also been posted here, below the photo).
Left to right (clockwise):
- Sucker Bait - Al Feldstein
- Ghosts and Ruins - Ben Catmull
- Perfect Nonsense - George Carlson
- Hamlet - William Shakespeare
- Tall Tales for Shorter Days - Robert Aaron Wiley (aka Bindlegrim)
- Pim & Francie - Al Columbia
- Halloween: Magic, Mystery and the Macabre - Paula Guran
- Waiting for the Great Pumpkin - Charles M. Schultz
- Gashleycrumb Tinies - Edward Gorey
- Haunted Houseful - Alfred Hitchcock
- Beasts! and Beasts! Book 2 - Jacob Covey
- The Sketchbook - Washington Irving
- Tales - H. P. Lovecraft